Tempo 1-06 Roslea 0-09


Conor Foy hit a point with virtually the last kick of the game as Tempo came from five points down to earn as replay against Roslea in the Quinn Building Products SFC semi-final at Brewster Park this evening.

The Shamrocks had looked as if they were in control as Sean Quigley landed his seventh point of the evening in the 53rd minute to make it 0-09 to 0-04.

However, Daryl Keenan replied with a free for Tempo before Damian Kelly swooped for the only goal of the game in the 57th minute to leave the minimum separating the sides.

And deep in added on time the Maguires hit the equaliser through Foy with the replay to be fixed for next weekend.

Roslea began the game brightly with Quigley slotting over a free before then landing a superb point from the right hand sideline from play to double their advantage.

Tempo struggled thoroughout to breakdown the Roslea defensive system and it took them 11 minutes to get on the scoresheet with Aidan Breen the scorer but Roslea responded straight away as Dermot Reilly fired over although when Tiarnan Bogue drove over soon after it left one in it, 0-03 to 0-02.

Quigley was Roslea's chief threat throughout and he saw one effort rattle the post from a goal attempt before he then drilled over a 45 to put two in it.

A monster point from Quigley from play then made it a three point game although Tempo had the last say of the half as McStravick converted a free.

It looked to be going Roslea's way though as Quigley fired over a free and Diarmuid McAleer added a point from play to put them into a 0-07 to 0-03 lead by the 37th minute.

Tiarnan Bogue did cut the gap back to three with his second point of the game but with Quigley tagging on a point from a free and another from play Roslea looked to be on their way to the final as they moved into a 0-09 to 0-04 lead.

Keenan did knock over a free for Tempo but it was Kelly's goal that gave them real belief. Bogue advanced on the right before sending across a good diagonal ball and although Kelly's punched effort came back off the crossbar it hit the goalkeeper and ended up in the back of the net to suddenly leave it a one point game.

The Maguires were then reduced to 14 men when substitute Rory Foy was red carded but Tempo were to muster one last chance and Conor Foy did well to drive forward and fire over to leave the sides with it all to do again.