Enniskillen Town 1 Tummery Athletic 1

Enniskillen Town and Tummery Athletic had to settle for a share of the spoils following their league encounter at St Michael’s on Saturday.

Frank Wallace had put the home side in front with a good finish in the 53rd minute but Tummery maintained their unbeaten start to the season through a Martin Hughes equaliser 18 minutes from time.

Town manager Rory Judge had no qualms with the outcome of the game.

“I can’t complain about the result. Knowing the way we were squad wise we would have been happy with a draw before the game but I was delighted with the performance in the first half and disappointed not to have been ahead at the break.

“It is a good result though and I think it will give the boys a lift and show them they can match teams like this. We just need to now show a bit of consistency,” said Judge.

Tummery player manager Ryan Hanna agreed that the draw was fair on the day.

“I was both pleased and disappointed but on reflection it was a fair result. I was disappointed with the way we started the game but I was pleased with the response when we went behind although we could then have lost it at the end,” commented Hanna.

He added: “It has been a tough month in that we have had three very difficult away games and also Dergview at home and while we only took six points from those, we didn’t lose any of them”

It was Town who looked the livelier side from the outset and Cathal Beacom had a chance to open the scoring early on when when he cut in on to his right foot but his effort was well saved by Niall McCrory in the Tummery goal.

Darren Freeman then flashed an effort across the face of the Tummery goal.

With Freeman and Frank Wallace bright Town continued to look threatening although they failed to carve out anything really clear cut.

As the half progressed the visitors started to settle into the contest as they enjoyed more of the ball although Town remained dangerous on the counter.

Neither side though were able to make a breakthrough and at the interval it was still goalless.

It was Town though who were to draw first blood eight minutes into the second half. The ball was worked to Brendan Lilley from a throw in and he threaded a delightful pass between centre back and full back to Wallace who took a touch before firing to the net for 1-0.

Tummery though responded well to the set back with Gerard Duddy having a chance but he skewed wide.

The Dromore outfit made a couple of changes and with 72 minutes on the clock they bagged the equaliser.

Substitute Aidy McCaffrey picked up the ball on the right and his cross was met by Hughes who headed home from eight yards out to make it 1-1.

Tummery continued to probe after without threatening the Town goal and it was the home side who had the chance to snatch it late on when Conall Quinn put Wallace through one on one but his attempt to bend the ball around McCrory pulled a great stop from the keeper as it finished 1-1.

The focus for both sides now switches to the Junior Cup this Saturday and both will be keen to ensure that they remain in the competition when it resumes again after Christmas.