Enniskillen Skins bounced back from only their second defeat of the season to record a bonus-point win over rivals Cooke at Mullaghmeen last Saturday.

Skins showed exceptional physical and mental fortitude to control the game from start to finish against a team which has always given them difficulty.

It helped that the home side scored after a matter of minutes when Sam Balfour got possession of the ball near his posts and ran the length of the field to score.

Within 10 minutes Cooke were 14-0 down when a fine Eddie Keys kick gave Skins a lineout 15 metres from the Cooke line.

A good throw and a well-controlled maul saw the Skins pack driving for the line and referee Henry Richmond raced behind the posts for a penalty try.

At this point in the match, Enniskillen were well in control but conditions started to deteriorate with heavy rain continuing until well into the second half.

Enniskillen kept the pressure up as they maintained their line speed, box-kicked well when required and put in tackles on the gainline.

As a result, Skins remained largely in control of the first half and it was no surprise after 20 minutes when again Sam Balfour attacked and made ground and then fed Henry Keys who steamed up the touchline and outpaced the defence and crossed for an excellent try.

Most of the play for the remainder of the first half took place in the Cooke half but despite several close calls, the score at halftime was 21-0 to Skins.

In the second half Skins again dominated territory and put the squeeze on Cooke’s attempt to build momentum.

It was due to good pressure from Skins that a turnover penalty was won on 50 minutes and as before, Keys found a good touch in the corner.

Another solid throw and good maul followed and when the pile of bodies collapsed over the line it was captain Steven Fox who emerged with the ball and claimed the fourth try.

With their principal objective achieved Skins took care to control things thereafter and Cooke failed to threaten the Skins' tryline.

Skins' scrum got better with Neil Rutledge coping admirably and the substitutions of Gary Thornton, Harry Dane and Daire Hill all did well as it ended 28-0.