Dergview Reserves 2-3 Tummery Athletic (AET)

It may have taken extra time but last Friday's Mulhern Cup final eventually kicked into life with three goals after normal time as Tummery Athletic clinched a 3-2 win and their first Mulhern Cup in five years.

Dale Maxwell cancelled out Padraig Dillon's opener but two own goals in the first half of extra-time guided the Dromore side to victory in front of their travelling fans.

Friday's game began in sweltering heat at Ferney Park in Ballinamallard with neither side really able to make out any clear-cut chances but it was Tummery who looked more likely as Ciaran Beacom went close twice with headers from corners while Gerard Duddy also threatened down the right wing.

The closest Dergview came to opening the scoring in the first half was from crosses to the back post aimed at forward Sam Sproule but they both sailed out over the endline.

Chances were again limited at the start of the second half but Tummery then made the breakthrough with just over 20 minutes to go as Martin Hughes flicked a ball around the corner on the right wing allowing Duddy to burst into the box and square the ball to Dillon at the back post who smashed it into the roof of the net for 1-0.

Dergview sent on player/manager Ivan Sproule to replace his son Sam but Athletic were able to keep his threatening pace at bay.

Without causing major problems for goalkeeper Niall McCrory, Dergview would find their equaliser with a strike from Maxwell two minutes into added time as his right-footed shot came off the left post and back into the net to send the Castlederg support into delirium.

Impartial Reporter:

It would be extra-time again for Ryan Hanna's side and, just like the semi-final against Enniskillen Rangers, they struck first.

Colm Garrity's cross came off the head of defender Colin Robinson as it looped over goalkeeper Tiernan McNamee to make it 2-1.

Lightning struck twice just three moments later when Declan McNulty's shot from wide right came off Maxwell's shin and into the bottom corner to put daylight between the sides.

Impartial Reporter:

However, that didn't last long as Dergview hit back at the start of the second half when Ivan Sproule skipped past a couple of defenders before putting the ball on a plate for Dylan Aiken to make it 3-2.

Tummery would hold onto their lead, despite Garrity being shown a second yellow card for kicking the ball away late on, with an invasion of support entering the pitch at referee Sean Gallinagh's final whistle as they celebrated another trophy under the helm of player/manager Hanna.