NFC Kesh 0 Enniskillen Town 5.

Enniskillen Town eased their way into the next round of the IFA Junior Cup with a comfortable 5-0 win away to NFC Kesh on Saturday.
Town took the lead just before half time through Stephen Clarke and they dominated matters after the break in this all Fermanagh and Western tie with Brendan Lilley, Clarke, Frank Wallace and Gary Stewart all among the goals.
Town boss Rory Judge felt that the goal before half time was the key for his side
“We were the better side in the first half and deserved to be in front at the break but you just don’t know what way the game will go if the goal doesn’t come before half time so that was important. It was comfortable for us in the second half and it was a pleasing performance,” he said
And the thing that delighted Judge the most was the fact that they kept a clean-sheet.
“We set out to keep a clean-sheet first and foremost because Kesh are a side that can score goals but Nicky Dunbar was a big help to have back in our defence and we dealt well with them,” he said.
This week it is back to league action and Judge is hopeful of picking up his first win of the season when they take on Lisnaskea Rovers. “We need to string a few wins together and hopefully now to we can go on and build on this result and get our first league win of the season. Our squad has been getting stronger week on week and that should help us,” he said.
Kesh counterpart Nicky Noble had no complaints about the outcome. “Look, Town were much the better side and they deserved the win. We didn’t turn up on the day and if you do that then you get nothing from a game. We will learn from it, we have a young side and it won’t all fall into place over-night,” he commented.
Noble is hoping now to bounce back when they take on Magheraveely in the league.
“It is a tough game but the earlier you get wins on the board the more belief it gives you,” he added.
It was the Judge’s side who had the better of the exchanges in the first half with Sean Hynds having two chances that he failed to avail of.
However, Kesh were close to taking the lead when Ollie Russell’s free kick looked set for the top corner but Town netminder Pat Cadden got up to push his effort on to the woodwork as the visitors survived.
Town though deservedly claimed the lead on the stroke of half time as Mark Little slipped in Clarke and he made no mistake in tucking the ball past Ross McClelland in the Kesh goal to leave it 1-0 at the interval.
And Town went on to double their lead five minutes into the second half. A terrific cross from the right by Conor Watson arrived at the feet of Lilley and he calmly slotted a right footed effort to the back of the net for 2-0.
Two time Junior Cup champions were by this stage in full control of the contest and it was not long before they swooped for a third as Clarke grabbed his second of the tie. He stepped inside a defender and drilled a shot past McClelland at the near post for 3-0.
Frank Wallace made it 4-0 when he tapped home after he was found in space in front of goal as Kesh looked for offside.
And Stewart wrapped up the scoring with a towering header from a Johnny Hoy cross as Town sealed their passage into Round Two.