Irvinestown Wanderers 1 Enniskillen Rangers 4.

Enniskillen Rangers manager Michael Kerr watched his side maintain their 100 percent start to the new season with a 4-1 win over Irvinestown at the Bawnacre on Saturday.
The Junior Cup holders took the lead in the 15th minute through Mark Cutler and they then doubled it ten minutes later as Jason Keenan got on the scoresheet to leave it 2-0 at the break.
The same duo also found the net in the second half as the ‘Gers went 4-0 up before Ronan Ormsby hit a late consolation strike for the home side.
“I thought it was a really good performance and I’m delighted to get the three points against an in form side in Irvinestown. We hadn’t played in a couple of weeks and they are a good side so it was a pleasing day for us,” said Kerr.
On the big pitch at the Bawnacre, Kerr opted for a different formation and it worked a treat as they made it four wins out four in the league to date.
“We altered things a bit to become more attacking and I think it worked very well for us. I was happy to see Mark and Jason get two goals a piece and as I say, I couldn’t be happier to be coming away with the three points,” he added.
The first half was a midfield battle but it was the visitors who looked the more threatening with Irvinestown rarely troubling Jerome Carleton in the ‘Gers goal.
And with 15 minutes gone, Kerr’s charges bagged the opener with Cutler swooping for his first of the day although Irvinestown were adamant that the attacker was in an offside position.
Matthew Chambers’ excellent diagonal ball picked out Cutler and he sent a thumping drive to the back of the net to make it 1-0 with the Irvinestown appeals falling on deaf ears.
And within ten minutes the away side had increased their lead. A crisp move saw the ball worked to Andy Johnston and he slid in Keenan who made no mistake in slotting home for 2-0.
Irvinestown’s best effort of the half came in the shape of an Ormsby shot that flew past the post while Joey Miller fizzed another ball across the goal.  
Att the break though it was Rangers who maintained their two goal advantage although Kerr knew that the next goal would be crucial in the game.
“I told the boys at half time that the third goal was going to be the important one. If we got it then it was game over but if they got it then it would be game on,” he said.
Ten minutes into the second half though Rangers grabbed the third which killed the game off as a contest as Cutler netted his second of the day. And it was a fine strike from the attacker, curling a left footed shot into the top corner of the net.
Rangers continued to press and a fourth was to arrive as Stuart Rainey and Stephen Chambers combined to feed William Burleigh and his cross picked out Keenan who headed home to make it 4-0.
The home side were to grab a late goal but this was merely a consolation as Ormsby headed home.
Irvinestown manager Rory Cassidy was disappointed with the first goal but he is keen for his side to put this defeat behind them quickly with another big game coming up this week against Enniskillen Town.
“Their first was a mile offside but in saying that Rangers are a good side and we won’t be the only team to lose to them this season. 
“The key for us now is to move on from this and we will be hoping to bounce back when we take on Enniskillen Town this Saturday,” he said.