NFC Kesh 7 Lisnaskea Rovers 2.

Seven second half goals ensured Kesh maintained their good start to the season and left Lisnaskea still searching for their first point of the campaign. After a goalless opening 45 minutes, Mark Jones netted four times in the second half to help his team move into third place in the early league table.
Kesh manager Nicky Noble was delighted his side continued their winning run. “As long as we have three points that was all I was worried about,” he said. “In the first half we weren’t good. We didn’t play the way we have been playing recently but we had a few choice words at half time and they went out and did it in the second half. Lisnaskea could have got another couple of goals on Saturday but the luck just wasn’t with them. That is the way it goes when you are down at the bottom. Hopefully our luck will continue!”
A goalless first half gave little indication of the glut of goal that was to follow, but as soon as the second half kicked off Kesh made the breakthrough when Nathan Cashel curled a free kick from twenty yards into the bottom corner of the net. That opened the floodgates, and Mark Jones got his first of the game moments later when he pounced on a bouncing ball following a corner and headed past the keeper.
Lisnaskea responded well and pulled a goal back through Jason Flanagan, but Jones was quickly back on the score sheet again when he headed in a Cashel cross from seven yards. He completed his hat-trick in style when he rounded a defender and dinked the ball over the advancing keeper. Paul O’Reilly scored a second for Rovers, but Kesh kept pressing forward and Alex Holder got in on the act when he pounced on a rebound following a Jones shot to add a fifth. Jones scored again when he tucked away an Ollie Russell cross before Grant Ellis rounded off the scoring when he turned a Josh Toal cross in off the post.
With four wins out of five Kesh have made a dream start to the season, but 12 points out of a possible 15 has not surprised manager Noble. “I would have taken this start before the season kicked off, but I knew we had it in us because of the players we have. The Gaelic is finished this weekend so I will be spoilt for choice when everyone is back and raring to go, but the competition is good and it will keep everyone on their toes. We have no game this Saturday but then we have Irvinestown, Mountjoy and Strathroy so three big games coming up.”