Irvinestown Wanderers 4 Beragh Swifts 2.

A Stephen Sheridan hat-trick helped lift Irvinestown Wanderers into the top half of the table as they defeated Beragh 4-2. 
Chris O’Brien opened the scoring for the home team, but it was a second half hat-trick from Sheridan that sealed the points.
“I was delighted with the result,” admitted manager Rory Cassidy. “It was a good team performance from us and I thought we just edged it. There wasn’t much between the two teams and it was a tight enough game.”
With three wins from their first six fixtures the manager is happy with how their season has started. 
“We have had two defeats out of the six games we have played, and the two team that have beaten us are the two at the top of the league, so we are not going too badly,” Rory added. “We have Magheraveely on Saturday and hopefully we can get a positive result down there. We are sitting sixth at the minute, and we are not doing too bad considering we have had to play a different team every week.”
Irvinestown were on the front foot from the first whistle but both teams struggled to carve out many clear sights of goal in the opening exchanges. When the breakthrough arrived it came from the boot of Chris O’Brien. Ronan Ormsby’s pass between the two centre halves was perfectly weighted for the through run of O’Brien who collected the pass and coolly slotted past the keeper. Irvinestown believed they should have had an opportunity to increase their advantage from the penalty spot before the half time whistle when O’Brien was tackled inside the area, but the referee waved away claims for a foul.
Stephen Sheridan Blazed a shot over the bar from Joey Millar’s cutback just before the break but he made amends in the second half. Michael Mahon had already come close when he received a pass from Ormsby and lofted a shot over the keeper that came back off the bar, before Sheridan went on a goal scoring spree.
His first came from 20 yards in spectacular fashion when he fired a shot into the top corner. Beragh hit back with a goal when Michael Browne rifled a shot into the roof of the net from 12 yards, but Sheridan added his team’s third from the penalty spot after O’Brien was brought down.
An own goal from Mason reduced the gap to one, but before the final whistle Wanderers made sure of the win with a fourth, Sheridan completing his hatrick with another penalty after Millar was barged over inside the box.