Sligo 0-08 Fermanagh 0-13

Fermanagh recorded a third successive win in Division Three as they claimeed a 0-13 to 0-08 victory over Sligo at Markievicz Park today.

Rory Gallagher's side put a poor start behind them to go in at the break with a 0-08 to 0-04 advantage.

And they were on top for the majority of the second half as they joined Armagh at the top of the Division Three table.

Sligo made a bright start to the game as they landed the opening three scores inside the first four minutes of the contest.

Neil Ewing registered the first point before Stephen Coen converted a free and Pat Hughes banged over a superb effort.

Fermanagh were slow to get going in the game and struggled to win ball in the middle third in the early stages.

However, as the half progressed they started to get the upperhand with Declan McCusker accounting for Fermanagh's first point which was a goal bound shot that was pushed over the bar by retreating defender Eddie McGuinness.

And Fermanagh hit the next four points as Seamie Quigley slotted over two well struck frees while Conall Jones knocked over two points from play to make it 0-3 to 0-5.

A wonderful Niall Murphy point was Sligo's first in 23 minutes but Fermanagh were to land the last three points of the half with Barry Mulrone, Paul McCusker and Declan McCusker all on target as the away side went in at the break leading 0-4 to 0-8.

Sligo scored the first point of the second half through Adrian McIntyre but the excellent Mulrone answered with a fine point.

Coen clipped over for the home side to again make it a three point game but quickfire points from Declan McCusker and Seamie Quigley pushed Fermanagh out to a 0-11 to 0-06 lead.

The second half was very stop start but points from Liam Gaughan from a free and Adrien Marren from play left three points in it as the game went into seven additional minutes.

However, Fermanagh remained in control and Sean Quigley and Aidan Breen fired over scores to leave it 0-13 to 0-08 at the finish.