Published 19 Jun 2013 15:30
Fermanagh's hosting of the G8 Summit was, according to the Chief Constable Matt Baggott, the most peaceful and secure in history.
The PSNI is working to dismantle the temporary infrastructure put in place for the G8 Summit. Workmen were on site to start the process of taking down the security fencing as the last of the delegates left the Lough Erne Golf Resort yesterday evening, Tuesday.
Former US President Bill Clinton sent a special video message to Enniskillen.
No fracking in County Fermanagh should be the G8 legacy, a Sinn Fein Councillor has said.
- Fermanagh chosen above 80 other venues for G8
- Ford: 8,000 officers, six months planning and a job well done
- Big Lottery windfall for local groups
- VIDEO: Presidential motorcade leaves Enniskillen
- G8 draws to a close
- Head of IMF joins G8 summit
- VIDEO: protesters' views at the G8 Not Welcome march
- Libya's Prime Minister attends G8 Summit
- G8 leaders sign the Lough Erne Declaration
- VIDEO: Crowds' reactions to the day Obama comes to town
The 10-day spell of sunny and warm weather was just what farmers needed.
A committed Passionist, the Rev. Fr. Marius Donnelly, C.P., late of St. Gabriel's Retreat, The Graan, died peacefully at the South West Acute Hospital, Enniskillen on Sunday morning, June 9, 2013.
The next week will put our community under the world spotlight for what will be the biggest event ever to be held here.
It is hard to see this Sunday's Ulster Championship encounter being anything but a tight, tense affair and although it could well be a low scoring contest, it has the makings of an absorbing and interesting tie.