Portora School evacuated following carbon monoxide leak
Julie Kenwell • Published 8 Oct 2012 12:00
Portora Royal School.
A DEFECTIVE boiler is to blame for the early morning evacuation of Portora Royal School on Friday.
Three fire appliances, two from Enniskillen Fire Station and one from Irvinestown were deployed to the school at around 9.50am after carbon monoxide fumes from the defective boiler entered the school building.
The school was ventilated and a gas monitor used to ensure that all traces of carbon monoxide were removed from the premises.
For more on this story see this Thursday's Impartial Reporter.
This article appeared in Impartial Reporter 08 Oct 12